CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural compound that is extracted from cannabis plants. It has a variety of benefits for the human body and can be taken in a few ways. Unlike THC, or Tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD does not produce the high that is often associated with marijuana use. Rather, it has a calming effect on the mind and body, which makes it an ideal organic remedy for multiple ailments.
CBD can be used to treat anxiety, insomnia, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), sports injuries, acne, skin blemishes, memory loss and improve general well being. There are three basic types of CBD, outlined below:
- CBD isolate – These products only contain pure CBD with no other ingredients. However, they are not necessarily the most effective form of CBD as they do not contain a healthy mix of cannabinoids and other important natural compounds.
- Full-spectrum CBD – Full-spectrum CBD products take all the healthy compounds from the cannabis plant and include them in a single product. This brings more benefits to the body and makes the product more effective to treat a wide range of problems. Full-spectrum CBD contains very little THC, so it does not produce a high but the advantages of THC (anti-nausea) are also included in the product.
- Broad-spectrum CBD – This is a less popular product than the other two, but still has many of the same benefits. Broad-spectrum CBD contains absolutely no THC and is a good option for consumers that want to avoid THC intake.
Three basic methods for taking CBD products
Consumers need to find the method of taking CBD to suit their needs if they want to get the maximum benefit from the remedy. The types of CBD mentioned above can be turned into three popular products. This gives consumers a good choice for taking CBD.
- Edibles – One of the most popular ways to take CBD is through edible products, such as gummies and sweets. These products are often flavoured with fruit extracts to make them sweet and delicious. Edibles may also contain vital minerals and vitamins for additional health benefits. The effects of edibles can last for hours, but they will take slightly longer to digest into the bloodstream.
- Oils – CBD oils are another popular option. A few drops of CBD oil can be applied directly underneath the tongue for fast absorption into the bloodstream. These oils can also be flavoured to make them tastier. This method is the quickest and easiest way to get the effects of CBD, which generally last longer.
- Creams – CBD does not always need to be ingested to take effect. Skin creams and moisturisers containing the compound can be applied to the skin. These products are often used to treat dry skin, acne, skin blemishes and sunspots. Some people even suggest that CBD is effective for minimising wrinkles and improving overall beauty. This method does not deliver CBD to the bloodstream, so the effects take longer to feel but they last for a couple of hours.
Finding the right CBD product for you
Taking CBD in the right way is not all consumers should consider. They also need to look for an ethical supplier with a good reputation. CBD producers should aim to educate their consumers fully, so have a look at their website and see if there are informative articles available.
The CBD companies also need to send their products for independent testing to ensure the quality and purity of their goods. The third-party laboratory tests will provide an unbiased analysis of the products and their ingredients. This gives the consumer peace of mind that they are taking a safety-approved product.
Consumers should avoid purchasing the cheapest CBD products as these may not contain all the necessary natural compounds and the correct concentrations of CBD. The high-quality products are often the most expensive, but they are often the most natural and safest. They also use cannabis extracts that are sourced from organic farms that do not use pesticides and other harmful chemicals on the crops.
Make the most of your time on earth by looking after your body. We share ways to improve your health through the lifestyle choices you make. It’s all about healthy living and being the best version of yourself.
Mobimeme offers content marketing, SEO, analytics, social media management and expert direction in the digital sphere. Building and growing online audiences for your business is what we do best. Get in touch with us to find out more about our package offerings and how you can improve your website and following.