Paid advertising is a great way to promote your business but often requires a massive budget. On the other hand, content marketing is a highly effective form of self-promotion using content on your website. It is a widely used method and the results can be significant – but why does your business need it?
If you’re not sure what content marketing entails, we have some guides and insight into what it’s all about. In a nutshell, it is a marketing strategy that involves the creation, publication and distribution of unique content to your target audience and it’s exactly what we do to grow our client’s website audiences.
Your business will benefit from content marketing for the following reasons:
- Great ROI – Content marketing offers a good return on your investment (ROI) as it can be done at no cost to your company, only the time it takes to create the content. Although, the more money you put into paid promotions on social media and Google, the higher the returns will be. Even hiring someone to create the content on your behalf can be cheaper than paying a marketing agency to advertise your product.
- Build trust with your audience – The more content you create and share with your viewers, the more faith they will have in your expertise and abilities. You’ll be regarded as an expert in your field and a trustworthy business.
- Build brand awareness – Content marketing and regular posting will increase traffic to your website and expose your audience to your brand more often. This can generate more leads and keep your business in front of your target market. It is a great way to promote your business without actually selling anything, and internet users appreciate that.
- Generate leads – Following on from brand awareness is the ability for a content marketing strategy to build solid leads for your business. Content marketing allows strangers to find your company through social media and the content you publish on the web. If they like what you have to offer, they may become loyal customers.
- Great for organic search and boosting SEO – By using similar keywords regularly, Google and other search engines will assign your website a higher rank on their results lists. Google can also differentiate between useful (and well-written) information and spam, so by creating quality content, your website is more likely to feature on the first page of Google’s search results.
- Your audience will share your content – If your followers like your content and believe that it is useful, they will often share it on their page. This increases your audience and in ideal cases, has the potential to go viral. Not only should you create content that people will want to read, but you need to craft content that they will want to share too.
- Generates return visitors – When you offer useful solutions to problems or provide expert insight through your content, people will want to return to your website when they need something. If you can create an invested community around your content and offerings, then you will have captured a loyal market.
- Create backlinks – If your followers trust you and like your content, then chances are that other websites will too. These websites will link articles and content back to your site, which is great for generating incoming links and boosting your SEO ranking. This also means that a wider audience can find your website and start following your social media channels.
- Keeps your website up-to-date – By publishing fresh content on a regular basis, your website will be current and up-to-date. When people search for answers on the internet, they want the latest information from reputable sources. If you post useful articles on a daily or weekly basis, your website will always be relevant.
Content marketing is a tried and tested method that works, and is inexpensive to implement. If you’re able to handle the creation of the content yourself, then you can promote your business on your own. Or you could partner up with us to help with your digital marketing while you focus on growing your business.
Some strategies are able to produce short, sharp spikes in your pageviews while others will build an audience steadily over a period of months. By using a mixture of the two, you can create a loyal following for your website and brand.
Discover the latest trends and tips that shape an ever-evolving digital world.
Mobimeme offers content marketing, SEO, analytics, social media management and expert direction in the digital sphere. Building and growing online audiences for your business is what we do best. Get in touch with us to find out more about our package offerings and how you can improve your website and following.