Getting back on the dating scene can be daunting for single moms and dads. Dating takes time and energy – something in scarce supply when you’re trying to look after kids as well as yourself. But it’s important for single parents to meet someone new and experience the excitement of dating and falling in love all over again.
Finding the right time to start dating again can be hard, so it’s best to jump right in as soon as possible. Waiting for the right person to magically come along and light a fire in your heart is unlikely for a single parent. You need to seize the moment and put yourself out there rather than waiting for a miracle.
For the best chances of success and finding love again, single moms and dads need to use the right strategy. This includes making use of the latest technology and platforms that will help you find your perfect match online.
Dating tips for single parents
- Make dating a priority – This is not to say that you should neglect your kids. If you’re serious about dating and meeting new people, then make time in your busy schedule to focus on it. Organise a babysitter or drop your kids off at a playdate. This will free up some time to allow you to explore your dating options and commit to plans.
- Know what you’re looking for in a partner – As a single mom or dad, you need to avoid wasting time by knowing what type of person you want to be with. Think about your ideal qualities, attributes and personalities. Don’t waste your time with people who don’t meet these expectations because they won’t be a good match for you. If you don’t feel a connection, don’t force a second date. You need to focus on you.
- Don’t rush into a relationship – Dating with kids can be tricky. Your children also need to approve of a new person who comes into your lives, so don’t rush into anything. Good relationships take time to nurture and grow. Take your time and pace yourself.
- Don’t let fear put you off – Dating comes with a lot of mind games. Don’t be scared as a single parent to find love again. You can’t let fear control your life; exciting things can happen when you step out of your comfort zone. Go on that first date, get it over with and then start to focus on your own love life once again.
- Always have a plan – As a parent, you know that certain things need to be planned properly. When you decide to start dating again, make a plan and stick to it. Consider your relationship needs, wants and goals then set out a strategic plan to achieve them. Single parents can’t wing it anymore – you don’t have the time or energy. Think about using a matchmaker to help you plan your steps and make smart dating decisions.
- Consider hiring professional help – Parents are used to being many things to their children; role models, teachers, doctors, cooks – the list goes on. In reality, parents don’t always have the answers. When you’re unsure of what to do, consider hiring professionals who can help you. Our expert dating coaches and matchmakers can provide you with amazing tips that will help you. A matchmaker will introduce you to multiple compatible dates with the right qualities.
Single moms and dads deserve to find love again. Once you’re ready to start dating again, get out there and give it all you’ve got – you never know who is waiting for you. Being a parent does mean that you have limited time and energy, so consider getting help from a dating coach or a matchmaker to improve your chances of success.
Build stronger relationships with our dating advice and nurture your mind and soul through emotional well-being. We share ways to enhance your love life, emotional and physical connections with those around you.
Mobimeme offers content marketing, SEO, analytics, social media management and expert direction in the digital sphere. Building and growing online audiences for your business is what we do best. Get in touch with us to find out more about our package offerings and how you can improve your website and following.