Keeping your creative juices flowing can be rather tricky, especially when under pressure. Here are a few tips and tricks to not only stay creative, but to develop your creativity even further.
- Make lists – Making lists can assist you in getting your thoughts down on paper, prioritizing them, and being dedicated to taking action. This can be everything from creating a to-do list for yourself or having various lists that you add to as inspiration strikes.
- Free writing – Allow your hands to keep typing whatever comes to mind. When it comes to writing for a job, it is important to keep up with creative writing or free writing where there isn’t any pressure on how or what you write.
- Stop beating yourself up – Putting pressure on yourself is only going to make you feel even more overwhelmed and creatively blocked. Move on and allow yourself to think ahead and consider something new.
- Be open to new ideas – Collaborate with friends and colleagues. Bounce ideas off one another and watch how your ideas will start to grow. It is also important to get feedback and use constructive criticism to evolve and improve.
- Get plenty of rest – Overworking yourself at the expense of sleep is not going to do your creativity any good. This will only lead to burnout and mental fatigue. Make sure you get enough sleep so you can wake up with your mind fully rested and switched on each day.
- Have a tidy workspace – Cluttered workspace equals cluttered mind. A tidy desk can help to clear your thoughts and provide an open space in which you can think freely. If your workspace is a place you enjoy being in, creativity is much more likely to flow.
- Take breaks – These are important for self-care and stress-relief. Get out into the world and experience new things and distract from work and other projects. Even if you just spend your breaks taking a relaxing bath, reading, catching up on your favourite tv show, watching movies, or listening to music – some time away will act as a refresh button so that when you tackle the project again, you will come at it from a fresh perspective.
These are just a few ways in which you can develop and maintain your creativity. Whether it’s writing, painting, creating music or designing something, your creativity can be affected by a number of factors. These tips will help you to maximise the creative juices flowing through your body and enable you to remain focused on a new project.
Release your inner creative-being and get stuck into some trendy DIY projects. We share ways to add personal flair to your life with some homemade décor and unique craft ideas.
Mobimeme offers content marketing, SEO, analytics, social media management and expert direction in the digital sphere. Building and growing online audiences for your business is what we do best. Get in touch with us to find out more about our package offerings and how you can improve your website and following.